2009 Annexation 09-20-2009
Brandon TownshipDouglas County Minnesota Chippewa Church AnnexationThe Township of Brandon and the City of Brandon Hereby jointly agree to the following:
1. That the following-described area in Brandon Township is subject to orderly annexation pursuant to M.S. #414.0325, and the parties hereto designate this area for orderly annexation.
2. That the Township of Brandon does, upon passage of this resolution and its adoption by the City Council of the City of Brandon, Minnesota, and upon acceptance by the Municipal Planning Agency, conferred jurisdiction upon the Municipal Planning Agency over the various provisions contained in this Agreement.
3. The above-described designated property is presently urban or suburban in nature and are about to become so, and the area to be annexed is currently served by municipal sewer facilities and water facilities. Further, the City of Brandon is capable of providing services to this area within a reasonable time, or the annexation would be in the best interests of the area proposed for annexation.
4. That no alteration of the stated boundaries is appropriate as to the area designated for orderly annexation.
5. The area described above as being in need of orderly annexation, is not presently included within the corporate limits of any incorporated city.
6. That the property is not currently subject to real estate taxes, as it is owned by Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Chippewa and is therefore exempt from property taxes.
7. If the City of Brandon is notified of the existence of a written agreement by Douglas County to exclude the designated property from the county's zoning and subdivision regulations, the City of Brandon will extend its zoning and subdivision regulations to the designated properties effective immediately upon receipt of the agreement indicating the county's exclusion of said property.
8. No alteration of the stated boundaries of the area designated for annexation as above described is appropriate. No consideration the Board is necessary. Upon receipt of this Joint Resolution, the board may review and comment but shall, within thirty (30) days thereafter, order the annexation in accordance with the terms of this Joint Resolution.
PASSES AND ADOPTED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITYOF BRANDON___20th day of July, 2009
CITY OF BRANDON___Douglas Johnson , Mayor Attest: __Debra Grommesh, City Clerk
PASSED AND ADOPTED BY THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWNSHIP OF BRANDON THIS __20TH__ DAY OF __July_ , 2009
TOWNSHIP OF BRANDON
___Paul Lauthen___ Town Board Chair Attest: __Adrian Ledermann, Clerk