Brandon Township Meeting, Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Brandon Township Annual Meeting Minutes
March 10, 2015 at Brandon Community Center
1. Clerk Adrian Ledermann called the meeting to order at 7 pm with 16 people in attendance. The pledge of allegiance was recited by all. John Ledermann was nominated and elected to moderate the meeting and took over as chair. After an item on the senior center donation request was added to the agenda, the agenda was approved.
2. The minutes of the Minutes of the March 11, 2014 Annual Meeting were read by clerk Ledermann. The report was approved on a motion by Cleary, seconded by Wagner and carried.
3. Treasurer’s Report of Receipts and Disbursements for 2014 was distributed. After some discussion the report was approved on a motion by Fynboh, seconded by Wagner and carried.
4. The following 2016 proposed budget was submitted and discussed.
2012 expense 2013 expense 2014 expense 2015 proposed 2016 proposed
General Fund $32,247 $25,211 $37,836 $26,000 $30,000
Road and Bridge $76,458 $80,998 $93,280 $115,000 $120,000
Fire and Responders $25,211 $25,211 $24,454 $26,000 $26,000
CLRSD debt service $109,926 $109,926 $109,926 0
Totals $243,842 $265,496 $204,423 $167,000 $176,000
5. Guest Speakers:
a. Jeff Stabnow, Civil Engineer for Brandon Township presented the proposed paving policy for Brandon Township (copy attached). Stabnow will be available for feasibility studies.
Discussion with questions continued during the presentation.
b. Ben Rusch from the Brandon Fire Department presented the request for the fire department's 2016 budget requests and responded to questions. Rusch noted that equipment is becoming more expensive leading to increasing the request for Brandon Township by $500 to $24,701. The fire department made 84 runs including to 7 structural fires in 2014.
c. Jerry Johnson, Douglas County Commissioner gave info on county road projects including info on the sales tax use for road projects. Johnson welcomed questions and invited anyone with concerns to contact him at any time.
d. Nicole Fernholz from the Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission handed out the 2014 annual report and the 2016 donation request of $2,850.00 from Brandon Township. Fernholz highlighted the Voyager project in Brandon and the Reprocessed Plastics project in Garfield as evidence of the support AAEDC was giving to development in the area.
6. Old Business:
a. Clerk Ledermann gave the 2014 road report noting no roads were vacated or added.
b. Clerk Ledermann noted that the new no chloride spread by township on private driveways is now in effect.
7. New Business
a. The new road blacktop surface and resurface policy proposal was discussed further. Some suggestions as to which parcels to include and how assessments could be made for any given road were put forth. Residents were encouraged to bring their suggestions to the next monthly township meeting. No further action was taken.
b. Support for AAEDC donation request of $2,850.00 for 2016: On a motion by Fynboh, seconded by Rambler, and carried, the AAEDC request was supported by those in attendance. A request for donations from the Alexandria Senior Center did not receive support.
c. The 2016 Budget levy of $30,000 for the General Fund, $120,000 for Road and Bridge Fund, and $26,000 for the Fire and Responders Fund was approved on a motion by Jerome Ledermann, seconded by Lon Burgess, and carried.
d. Places of public notice publication were set including Brandon Township web site, The Record, and Bremer Bank in Brandon on a motion by Croonquist, seconded by Wagner and carried.
e. The Date and Time of next annual Brandon Township meeting for March 8, 2016, 7 pm, at the Brandon Community Center was approved on a motion by Cleary, seconded by Ledermann and carried.
8. Adjournment: The 2015 annual meeting was adjourned on a motion by John Ledermann, seconded by Wagner and carried at 8:30 pm.
Adrian Ledermann, clerk of Brandon Township