Brandon Township Meeting, Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Brandon Township Annual Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2016 at Brandon Community Center
1. Clerk Adrian Ledermann called the meeting to order at 7 pm with 13 people in attendance. The pledge of allegiance was recited by all. John Ledermann was nominated and elected to moderate the meeting and took over as chair. The agenda was approved on a motion, by Fynboh, seconded by D.Lund and carried..
2. The minutes of the Minutes of the March 12, 2015 Annual Meeting were read by clerk Ledermann. The report was approved on a motion by Cleary, seconded by K. Lund and carried.
3. Treasurer’s Report of Receipts and Disbursements for 2015 was distributed. After some discussion the report was approved on a motion by Fynboh, seconded by Croonquist and carried.
4. The following 2017 proposed budget was submitted and discussed.
2013 expense 2014 expense 2015 levy 2015 expen 2016 levy 2017prop
General Fund $25,211 $37,836 $26,000 $31,817 $30,000 $30,000
Road and Bridge $80,998 $93,280 $115,000 $79,754 $120,000 $130,000
Fire and Responders $25,211 $24,454 $26,000 $24,214 $26,000 $26,000
CLRSD debt service 109,926 $109,926
Totals $265,496 $204,423 $167,000 $135,000 $176,000 $186,000
5. Guest Speakers:
a. Jeff Stabnow, Civil Engineer for Brandon Township presented the plan for paving Sara Rd this summer with bids being let now in March, to be submitted for acceptance at the April 18th meeting with work to be completed by Labor Day. A feasibility study is planned for the Big Chip road area this summer. The residents of that area and the board will be alert to road improvement needs this spring.
b. Ben Rusch from the Brandon Fire Department presented the request for the fire department's 2017 budget request of $26,201. The Fire Department now has 25 members with 3 new members added recently. In 2015, the department made 83 runs including 6 grass fires, and 13 medical. A grant for the Lukus Device was received. The department is beginning to look at a new building as their equipment now is quite scattered since they have out grown the present location.
c Nicole Fernholz from the Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission handed out the 2015 annual report and the 2017 donation request of $2,850.00 from Brandon Township. Fernholz highlighted the $42,121,000 capital investment projects, the 67 new jobs, the 10 new projects and the $121,000 revolving loan fund used as 2015 accomplishments. 2016 efforts will look at available revolving loan funds, industrial land for sale, area marketing and workforce development.
6. Old Business:
a. Clerk Ledermann reported on the new Paving Policy along with the petition for
2016 received from Big Chip area residents. He then gave the 2015 road report with K. Lund adding that a small section of Burros Drive was vacated.
7. New Business
a. The new Driveway and Approach Policy was reviewed.
b. Support for AAEDC donation request of $2,850.00 for 2017: On a motion by Fynboh, seconded by Lund, and carried, the AAEDC request was supported by those in attendance.
c. Support for the Douglas County Food Shelf was approved on a motion by John Ledermann, seconded by D. Lund and carried.
d The 2017 Budget levy of $30,000 for the General Fund, $130,000 for Road and Bridge Fund, and $26,000 for the Fire and Responders Fund was approved on a motion by Croonquist, seconded by Cleary, and carried.
e. Places of public notice publication were set including Brandon Township web site, The Record, and Bremer Bank in Brandon on a motion by Lund, seconded by Fynboh and carried. A discussion followed as to how better promote attendance at the annual meeting, possibly using bulk mailing or elecronic devices.
. e. The Date and Time of next annual Brandon Township meeting for March 14, 2017, 7 pm, at the Brandon Community Center was approved on a motion by Fynboh, seconded by Croonquist and carried.
8. Adjournment: The 2016 annual meeting was adjourned on a motion by K. Kund, seconded by Fynboh and carried at 8:15 pm.
Adrian Ledermann, clerk of Brandon Township