Brandon Township Meeting, Monday, April 15, 2013
Brandon Township Meeting Minutes
April 15, 2013
The April monthly meeting was held on April 15, 2013 at the Brandon Community Center with Mike Cleary, Gaylin Croonquist, Gene Fynboh and Adrian Ledermann present. The meeting was called to order by Fnyboh at 7:20 p.m. The pledge of allegiance was recited.
Clerks Report: The minutes of the March 19 meeting were addressed. The reading of the minutes were waved and then approved on a motion by Croonquist, seconded by Fynboh, and carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Beginning balance on 03/01/2013 was $36,388.02. Interest from Revenue on account at Bremer was $.26. Other income was $120.00 from Chloride reimburse and $39.00 from Farmers Union Oil Dividend. Orders issued were $8,929.96 for a total ending balance of $27,617.32. Investments reported included Tar & Road Fund received $4.71 in interest, to now total $197,566.12. On a motion by Croonquist, seconded by Fynboh, and carried, the treasurer’s report was approved.
Public Comment: Four visitors were present to address items on the agenda.
Agenda Approval: The agenda was approved on a motion by Croonquist, seconded by Fynboh, and carried.
a. Road report: Difficult snow removal continues. Aldrich Road was blockaded for several days due to flooding. Plow truck broke down on April 15. Resident Vanalphen from Tanglewood Road was present to request better early plowing on school days to allow bus to pick up students. Supervisors will reassess their schedule. Clerk Ledermann will contact Bus owner in fall to try to coordinate schedules in Fall. Supervisors will not allow Excel Energy to use Burlington Road for heavy truck while load limits are on.
b. County Annual Township meeting information was discussed.. Weed information, notes about meeting announcements, Park dedication fees and various township fees and salary amounts were shared.
c. MAT short course followup was shared including notes about data retention, employee/contract issues, MAT legislative issues, and accounting details.
d. Board of Review minutes were approved on a motion by Fynboh, seconded by Croonquist, and carried.
a. Road Review date setting was postponed
b. Edgefield Mowing Contract was viewed and will be presented to chair Lauthen.
c. Info retention resolutions were shared and will be examined in May meeting.
d. One gravel quote from Okerlund Graveling was received. On a motion by Fynboh, seconded by Croonquist, and carried, Okerlund Graveling was approved for the 2013 graveling. Clerk Ledermann was directed to notify Okerlund.
e. Chloride requests: Fynboh will contact Tanglewood residents to inform them of their need to contact the clerk for individual requests and billing. Ledermann will contact Long Lake Lodge, Severson Road, Edgefield Road and Sara Road residents and publish public notice about any changes residents may seek.
f. VSC request for land annexation to the City of Brandon. Suckow of VSC and Murray from AAEDC were present to present a resolution approved by the city of Brandon. After discussion Resolution Orderly Annexation # 04-15-2013 of parcel # 09-0436-750 was approved on a motion by Croonquist, seconded by Fynboh and carried.
g. Clerk notes: MAT News article and picture of Diane Smith was viewed. Thank you note from Smith was read; Maslon letter informing Brandon Township of disbursement of Excel Energy funds to Brandon Fisheries was viewed. Clerk will forward Smith retirement info to the local paper, The Record.
Claims and Wages: Claims and wages requests were presented and viewed by the board. Claims included: The Record-$13.50 for public notice; West Central Petroleum-$1,874.52 for diesel; City of Brandon-$58.55 for water/sewer; Otter Tail Power-$43.82 for shop electricity; PERA-$164.76 for 1st Qt; IRS-$748.52 for 1st Qt.; Douglas County Auditor/Treasurer-$79.50 for ditch benefits; Total wages and salaries-$790.00. Claims and wages were ordered to be paid on a motion by Fynboh, seconded by Croonquist and carried.
Date and place of next meetings:
Road Review date ??
County Roads info Meeting: Thursday, May 16 at Public Works Center
May monthly meeting: May 20, 2013, 7pm at Brandon Community Center
The meeting was adjourned at 8:25 pm on a motion by Croonquist, seconded by Fynboh, and carried.
Adrian Ledermann, clerk
Resolution # 04-15-2013
VSC Partners Joint Resolution of Orderly Annexation
Now Therefore, be it resolved by the City of Brandon and the Township of Brandon as follows:
1. The City and Township hereby designate that the portion of the property described in Exhibit A (parcel ID # 09-0436-750) and located in the Township for immediate orderly annexation pusrsuant to MN Stat. 4140325.
2. The City and Township agree that the property legally described and located the Township contains approximately 5.37 acres.
3. The area described above as being in need for orderly annexation is not presently included within the corporate limits of any incorporated city.
4. Real estate taxes payable during the year in which the annexation becomes effective shall be paid to the Township. Thereafter the real estate taxes on the area designated for annexation shall be paid to the City.
5. Upon its execution, the city shall submit this Joint Resolution for Orderly Annexation to the municipal board and the City, township, and all named people agree that this Joint Resolution may be submitted to the Office of Administrative Hearings without further notice to any party.
6. No alteration of the stated boundaries of the area designated for annexation as above described is appropriate. No consideration by the Chief Administrative Law Judge is necessary. Upon receipt of this Joint Resolution, the Chief Administrative Law Judge may review and comment but shall, within thirty days thereafter, order the annexation in accordance with the terms of the Joint Resolution.
7. In the event there are any errors, omissions or any other problems with the legal descriptions provided in Exhibit A in the judgment of the Office of Administrative Hearings, the City and Township agree to make such corrections and file any additional documentation, including a new Exhibit A making the corrections requested or required by the Office of Administrative Hearings as necessary to make effective the annexation in accordance with the terms of this Joint Resolution.
Passed and adopted by the City Council of the City of Brandon this 1st Day of April, 2013
City of Brandon Attest:
Doug Johnson, Mayor Debra Grommesh, City Clerk
Passed and Adopted the Town Board of the Township of Brandon this 15thday of April, 2013
Township of Brandon Attest:
Gene Fynboh, Town Board Chair Adrian Ledermann, Town Board Clerkj